Join NevadaNano and develop state-of-the-art gas sensing systems that help control global warming! NevadaNano is a fast-paced small business that has developed patented gas sensing technologies. These exciting technologies are used by our customers to control emissions of greenhouse gasses. NevadaNano is looking for a Senior FW Engineer to be a leader in developing a high volume, low cost IIoT device. This person will collaborate closely with an existing HW engineering, analytics, field services, and manufacturing teams. This is an amazing opportunity to join a small company at the beginning of a tremendous growth phase and help develop a green-technology product that will be produced in the millions.
- Generate Specifications
- Identify leverageable Code modules
- Define Architecture
- Collaborate w/HW Development
- Identify tools and define development practices
- Implement critical portions of the code base
- Oversee development efforts of other firmware contributors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience working as an embedded C/C++ developer with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience allocating and configuring peripherals on ARM based microprocessors.
- Previous experience and knowledge in protocol software development of one or more of wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, Sigfox, LoRa, Zigbee or Z-Wave.
- Previous experience with battery-based devices with a focus on low power design
- Previous experience developing code image update and revision management for a large number of remote devices.
- Working knowledge of reliable SQA practices and release management
- Strong knowledge of DFT practices.
- Knowledge of code profiling and processor loading analysis practices to collaborate in hardware processor and peripheral selection
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with at least one RTOS environment.
- Experience setting up development environments with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system.
- Experience with common bus protocols such as I2C and SPI.
- Experience in using Python.
- Experience with simulations in Matlab is a plus.
- Love of startups and small companies
- Collaborative – enjoy working on multiple tasks with multiple groups
- Self-starter – do what needs to be done without being told what to do
- Modest – focused on what is best for the team and company
- Customer focused – passion to give customer best experience possible
- Student – always open to learning
- Be willing to wear multiple hats – do what needs to be done
- Creative – ability to search for and implement new ideas and solutions
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com