The Nevada Nanotech design team is searching for a team-oriented, senior analog and mixed-signal circuit design engineer. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the definition, architecture, design, and release to production of circuit boards that interface with Nevada Nanotech nano sensors to measure and identify gases, chemicals and bio-material.
- Work with sensor and manufacturing groups to define products for chemical, gas and bio-material sensor measurements.
- Work with sensor and manufacturing groups to introduce new products.
- Design low-level, low-noise analog and mixed-signal circuits and boards to meet product requirements.
- Verify that circuits, boards, and system operation meet product specifications using computer simulation and other testing.
- Prepare support documents and present design reviews.
- Collaborating on a mixed signal ASIC Conversion.
- Analog circuit design: TIA amplifiers, peak detectors, lock-in detectors, phase lock loops, DDS, ADC, DAC, instrumentation amplifiers, lock in amplifiers, programmable current sources, difference amplifiers, reference regulators, filter design, etc.
- Low-level, low-noise analog circuit design with dynamic levels in the nano-ampere and micro-volt range.
- SPI and I2C digital interfaces
- High volume product experience
- Design-to-manufacturing experience
- Ability to help the product team find the optimal design in the sensor, product, cost, and performance trade-off space.
- Familiarity with SPICE simulator (TINA, LTSpice, PSpice, etc)
- Python, MATLAB or other scripting languages
- System engineering, analysis, and design
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Management and mentoring small design team
- Strong system engineering and system analysis skills
- Some digital design
- PID controllers
- Some software/firmware experience desirable
- Board layout design (ORCAD, etc.)