The Quality Leader will be recognized as Nevada Nano’s quality expert driving a world-class Quality Management System (QMS), promoting continuous quality improvement for our customers and suppliers, engaging our team on best quality practices and leading initiatives on document control evolution, adopting effective change control processes and building a culture of impeccable quality throughout our manufacturing stream.
- Manage the corporate Quality Management System and Document Control framework
- Manage the Supplier Quality program actively conducting supplier quality audits, quarterly assessment scorecards and capturing concise actionable collateral for all audit-related records and documents.
- Act as the corporate interface on all customer and supplier quality actionables including supplier quality mandates, resolution of non-conformance issues and critical-to-quality assessment criteria.
- Review and approve plans, protocols and reports required for new product introduction, including validating test plans, reliability test plans, inspection criteria and other protocols designed to exceed customer quality expectations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company procedures for DFM, DFQ, material control, BOM management , change management, risk management, process validation, control plans and all other related areas of the quality management system
- Chair the change control board (CCB) and Material review Board (MRB). Develop all decision tree processes and hierarchy to ensure an effective processes balance technical expediency with an accent on simplicity
- Coach, guide, empower, and mentor all stakeholders in the use of lean and good quality practices
- Collect and analyze data on manufacturing processes, procedure effectiveness and performance metrics using evaluation tools with a passion driving continuous improvement
- Experience with start-up and mature organizations. Capable of working in a dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding and exposure to QMS, ISO9001 and Document Control architecture
- Professional literacy with product lifecycle management (P/N creation, BOM creation, ECO generation and management, AVL management, etc.)
- Fluency with CCB , MRB , FMEA and risk assessment disciplines
- Experience with GR&R and Product Reliability methodologies
- Competency with Minitab , JMP or other statistical toolset(s)
- Expertise with Windows suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Scheduler ,Visio) etc .
- An effective and disciplined listener to the voice of our customer
- Certification(s) in ASQ CQE or Six-Sigma Black Belt a plus!!
- Familiarity with ATEX and IECEx standards highly desired !!
Required Education and Experience
- BS in industrial, mechanical, electrical engineering or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years of leadership quality experience in a manufacturing environment.