This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced quality professional to take the existing ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS) to the next level. Become part of a game-changing technology company at www.nevadanano.com
- Support, and take the lead, on all audits and customer inspections.
- Own the QMS. Improve existing processes and practices in the QMS. Identify, define and implement practical, effective and workable quality engineering processes and practices and for supporting the adoption of best practices.
- Serve as the authorized Quality Assurance approver of changes.
- Provide quality engineering expertise to maintain and improve product quality by investigating customer complaints and returns.
- Take responsibility for individual CAPA’s and provide input into CAPA’s as appropriate.
- Conduct customer and supplier surveys and analyze results.
- Communicate technical information to a variety of audiences (sales/marketing, executive, customers, engineering staff).
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 2-5+ years professional experience in commercial product development
- Experience in an ISO9001 Quality Management System environment
- Experience utilizing standard root cause analysis tools (e.g., 5-WHY, 8D, fishbone diagrams)
- Must be self-directed with minimal supervision
- Must be a hands-on problem solver; excited about occasional direct laboratory work
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Crisp thinking and logic (to justify critical decisions, support hypotheses, ferret out failure modes via root cause analysis)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment with varying amounts of individual responsibilities
- Superior problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with statistics (e.g., SPC), data analysis, and programs (e.g., Minitab, MATLAB)
- Six Sigma experience
- Experience with sensors and/or embedded systems
- Experience with certifying bodies and certification processes (e.g. UL, ATEX, IECEx, CSA)
- Experience with microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), including microfabrication techniques, materials, best practices
- ASQ Certification
- Experience in MS Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Stock options are part of the compensation package.
Mark Pietz — Director of Quality, NevadaNano
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org